Software Engineer in Monrovia, California Monrovia California
Software Engineer in Monrovia, California
Fast track opportunity charted for exponential growth!
This role will provide you an opportunity to work with and manage a team of smart, passionate, and collaborative engineers in a mission-driven, well-established organization focused on culture, advancement, and excellence as a Software Engineer for one of our TRUSTED clients!
You’ll work with innovative, cutting-edge products in industries such as med-devices, aerospace, electric vehicle, solar, electronics, automotive, and others.
Pay: Up to $100K
Shift: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Work Schedule: Mondays to Fridays
Software Engineer Responsibilities
Conceptual and detailed software design, coding, and testing of:
- Pre-sales conceptual design, schedule, and cost estimation of software for semi-automated and automated industrial processing workstations.
- Software integrating system operation, motion control, laser programming and control, machine vision (Cognex and Keyence), data collection and analysis, file management, human-machine interfaces (HMI), and networking capabilities using graphical user interfaces (GUI) with real-time implementation.
- Structured, reusable, low-level motion control system code for Delta-Tau, Aerotech, and ACS motion systems implementing control system, and I/O functions.
- DLLs for selected software-controllable systems components such as data acquisition and controls, motion controllers, vision systems, lasers, data collection, and report generators.
- Manufacturing floor automation connectivity software including LAN, database, and other standard interfaces and protocols.
- PMC code for Allen Bradley, Omron, Siemens, Mitsubishi, and Sick and Pilz PLCs.
- Provide support for system acceptance testing conducted by project managers.
- Determines technical software design specifications and best practices for Systems Software and Controls Team members.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by the Company from time to time.
- Work in a team environment with other engineers, production, QA testing, materials control, contract management, and sales personnel.
- Support and develop new software under the direction of management.
- Prepare requirements document based on an interview with the customer and hardware engineer.
- Prepare interface and functionality documentation for software modules.
- Develop project plans and schedules for software development work.
- Report on progress, demonstration, and changes.
- Provide detailed documentation for engineering release.
Software Development Management
- Analyze and recommend improvements to our present software development and design control methodology.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or any related discipline.
- At least two (2) years of experience in designing custom motion control and HMI software.
- 1-2 years of experience in designing custom machine vision applications.
- Current experience in C# and fundamental experience in software engineering.
- Knowledge of software design tools and environments including .NET, Visual C++, C#, Windows, and networking.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines while performing task/s accurately.
- Object-oriented design and analysis and professional software design and documentation control methodology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills, and exceptional attention to detail.
Raso360 is changing the landscape of recruiting by changing the intention. We aim to build long-lasting relationships with job seekers and provide endless opportunities to people like you. We believe in the 6Cs: Communication, Candor, Customers, Creativity, Community, and Congratulations!
If this job sounds like an ideal opportunity for you, please do not hesitate to apply. Let’s connect!